Tuesday, May 10, 2011

ThankFULLness

Oh thank You, Lord.  For so many reasons, thank You.  Especially thank You because:

"I'm not who I was when I took my first step, and I'm clinging to the promise that You're not through with me yet."

and

"When I cross over Jordan, I'm gonna sing, I'm gonna shout.  I'm gonna look into Your eyes and see You never let me down."

So much truth, so much hope in those lyrics.  My heart really connects to them these days.  Looking back, I'm in complete awe of what the Lord has done in me.  Looking at where I am now, I'm thankful for the trials, the pain, the suffering, because I know He's working something so deep in me, making me more like Him, working in me an eternal weight of glory.  Looking ahead, I'm so thankful that He's not finished.  He has so much more for me, more than I could even imagine.  And I know He will bring this work to completion. It's His promise.  And He does not break His promises or change His mind on what He's set out to do.

"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful."    ~Hebrews 10:23

Yes.  We can cling to what He says because He is always faithful and He is always good.  Thank You, Lord.  I just can't stop saying "thank You".  He calls us to confess our hope.  Rehearse it over and over again in our own minds, lest we forget, but also confess to others to encourage and strengthen them.  And don't waver, don't doubt.  Only believe.  He is faithful.  He's nothing less than fully faithful.

1 comment:

  1. Katie-Thank you so much for sharing this one specifically! Always always always is all I keep hearing. Always faithful Always good. why do we sometimes doubt even the meaning of the word always?? lol Praise God for what he is doing in you!

    ReplyDelete